California DMV Complaint - Sending For Collecting Bill To Collecting Agency

Review by wagdi on 2008-06-30
NEVADA -- I have car registered in 2007 in California. The company I work for is in Nevada, I took the car to Nevada. The police stopped me and give a ticket for not registering the vehicle in NEVADA. I changed registration to Nevada, informed
the California DMV in return receipt letter, but they send every month and I ANSWER return receipt. Every time they turn deaf ear and finally they send the paper for collection.

Is there any way to fix that? I called DMV in California, they said we are aware of the change just call the collection agency. They are responsible for destroying my credit score out of their negligence.
Comments:2 Replies - Latest reply on 2008-07-01
Posted by madconsumer on 2008-06-30:
what did they do or not do?

you are not required by law to change your vehicle registration, unless moving to a new state.
Posted by BobJohn on 2008-07-01:
You register your car where you live, not where you work. From what you say I assume you actually reside in California rather than Nevada. Many people live in one state and work in another state and register their cars where they live. My permanent home is where my house is and that State is where I have my car registered and I've worked 5 other states and never had a problem.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.