Big Screen Center Complaint - Avoid Big Screen Center At All Costs
ONLINE COMPANY -- As a person that deals with high school students 9 out of 12 months, I have developed a tolerance for certain unacceptable behavior but it never ceases to amaze me when adults continue to use the same excuses they had growing up.
Here is the situation. I was working on a summer home theater project. I ordered many of the parts from different vendors on July 2nd and 3rd. The first two items I ordered from Big Screen Center were a Da-Lite projector screen and a Peerless ceiling projector mount.
A week after I ordered everything, stuff started arriving, so I began rewiring thing for the room, running audio and video cable through the walls. On the 10th of July I had everything from every vendor except for Big Screen Center. I called them up to track my order. They told me the ceiling mount would be shipped that afternoon. I was told the projector would be shipped on the 15th of July. I wasn't thrilled about this, but at the same time, I wasn't happy.
The following week (July 14-18) I went without calling about the order to give time to ship. Friday came and I still hadn't received anything. I decided I would call on Monday and see if they could track the order for me.
Monday morning, I called Big Screen Center and they told me my order had shipped. I asked when, and they said today (Monday July 21st). I asked why it took so long and the answer was, "THINGS CHANGE".
I asked, "What things?"
She responded, "I don't know, the guy wasn't really clear when I talked to him."
While I was on the phone I saw an email pop up confirming that the order actually shipped. It had a real tracking number and everything.
When I got off the phone I was at least relieved that the order was finally coming. They actually shipped it via Air Second day, so I had it by Wednesday. The only problem is, I only received the projector screen, no ceiling projector mount was included in this shipment.
I called Big Screen Center on Thursday to find out about the order. They said the mount would be shipping that day. I said, "Do you think it will be here by Monday?" The operator replied, "Yes, Monday or Tuesday at the very latest"
Unlike the projector screen shipment, I didn't receive a shipping confirmation. I waited to see if I would get one on Friday, and I didn't. I then called this today, Monday July 28th to find out what the status was and they told me it shipped on Friday. While talking on the phone, I received an email confirming the shipping. It is scheduled to arrive on Thursday July 31st, nearly a month after I ordered it.
None of the items ordered from Big Screen Center were "customized" in any way. I didn't receive any notification of items being backordered or out of stock. I placed the order and they billed me the next day. This was nearly a $1000 order and they took the money and just sat on it.
BIG SCREEN CENTER
* Very competitive prices
* Easy to find what you are looking for on their website
* Customer Service - They are a much smaller company then they would like you to believe from their website. I always got the same customer service representative every time. Same person - same attitude- zero information - not helpful at all
* Shipping - If you are not in a hurry (give them a good month) you will be fine. Otherwise I would look other places.
* CAUTION - They have a "fine print" in the order terms that basically says, once an item ships, it's no longer their problem, which means you can't return it. I called to cancel my order that I thought hadn't shipped, but found out it had, so they wouldn't let me cancel.
* This company is clearly run out of somebody's basement. Everything they send is drop shipped and they have NO knowledge of the products they are shipping.
avoid this website:
They are based out of Atlanta, GA