Fallsview Plaza Hotel Informative - Dishonest Hotel Promotion
NIAGARA FALLS, ON, CANADA -- The rating for this hotel should be down in the bottom, not because their facility, not because their service. All because their DISHONESTY.
- We have just returned from a weekend at the Fallsview Plaza Hotel. Despite having a confirmed reservation and booked 3 days ahead.
- The reason to visit the Falls is our 28th anniversary and the Greg Frewin magic show in the hotel package.
- The package I first booked was $89 for a King size room, along with breakfast, a Keg voucher (20 bucks) and tickets to a magic show Greg Frewin. Found out 03/19/08, they canceled the Sunday magic show. Was told, the same package for Friday will cost $129 and Sat. $149; since Sat. is our 28th anniversary, decided to cancel the Sunday reservation (72 hours cancellation trick) and pay $40 more for Sat. stay.
- Only found out at check in time, they are out of king or queen bed, so double beds for our anniversary. Further found that NO magic show tickets, front desk offered me IMAX tickets, did not take the cheap offer.
- The hotel is very overpriced for the quality of room and services they offer. If you are traveling from outside of Canada watch out for the hidden taxes ...17% extra charge.
- They offer charge $119 (Paid $134, with the 17% foreign traveler charge). Silly me, I paid $40 more compare to my original booking and not getting anything more, except disappointment.
- On their website, the package is "Over $100 in dining and ticket value." If taking off one $20 Keg voucher (which we didn’t even use) and two $8.99 breakfasts. Does this mean they owe me $62 for not providing the magic show tickets ????
- We drove over 4 hours, all the way from US, left in the early morning for Toronto, just to pay close to $150 to this dishonesty hotel. Overall I will not recommend family or friends to stay there….. very disappointing.
- The buffet breakfast for $ 8.99 - which is expensive, not money worth, with only a few choices, you can have wonderful brunch with great American Falls view for only $10 in the casino).
- The shuttle does not even have the name of the hotel - we missed it while waiting, ended up walking our long way back - mind you it’s winter time - needless to say we were freezing !!
- There are plenty of hotels in the area that are just as close to the casino and the falls. The Hilton uses the same walkway to the casino as this hotel and the Embassy Suites is right down the road. For your won sake, please stay someplace else.