First Choice Moving Complaint - Do Not Use This Company
PHOENIX, ARIZONA -- Moving is difficult no matter what. Across town or across the country. The employees of First Choice Moving in Phoenix,AZ made my cross country move a total nightmare.
My complaint list starting with the pick up.
- I was misquoted over the phone. The moving costs ended up being double the quote.
- It took 4 men 4 hours to load an already packed 10 x 10 storage unit.
- I was asked when I wanted my items delivered. I told the foreman July 22nd. He said it would arrive then. 7 days later, after no sign of my stuff, I received a phone call informing me that the driver would be arriving sometime between August 4th and 6th. Two weeks!! I had none of my things. Had it not been for my boyfriend I would be sleeping in a motel I wouldn't be able to afford.
- Saturday, August 3rd, the driver called me to tell me he would be arriving with my things the next day. My complex does not allow commercial vehicles on property on Sundays for the residents peace of mind. I kindly asked him if the delivery could be made on Monday. He was curt and gave me so much attitude. I am now being charged $250 dollars by the property managers.
- After waiting patiently until 1PM on Sunday I finally received the drivers call, telling me he won't be arriving until 7PM!!! Again, I kindly asked him to consider an early morning delivery on Monday. It is pouring in my new town and I will be alone with a number of strange men in my new home. My boyfriend works nights and I don't know anyone in this town. I am in no way comfortable with any part of this situation.
God only knows what condition my antique furniture will be returned to me in.
No matter how nice they seem over the phone, this company is crap. As difficult and expensive as it would have been, I wish I had rented a Uhaul and done it myself.