Private Informative - Don't Buy Dell! - Product and Service
ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA -- I just purchased a Dell computer. Since then I have had nothing but problems (with the computer and software); and absolutely no help (or even concerns) from their SUPPORT!
1. I now receive 40 times the SPAM I used to receive - they obviously sell your personal information!
2. Their own support people either don't get back with you or just tell you to go to their FAQ page - where they try to sell you more stuff!
3. The software that comes with the computer is mostly demo or beta versions, if you want to actually do something with it you have to UPGRADE at additional expence! Try making a DVD!
4. It took me a week to get rid of all the "AOL" promotional stuff on the computer - I think that's one of the reasons for all the SPAM - AOL!
5. All in all, they're not a real service company, they are just another rip-off company.
(They've figured it out - they make it very difficult to complain (try to reach them) and it's a real pain to try and send something back to them - you better have all, and I mean all, your original paperwork.
My recommendation is to BUY locally, where you can easily go to get service and help. Dell might as well be on the moon - for all the help you get from them.