Long John Silver's Restaurants Complaint - Nasty and Dangerous
SUMMERVILLE, GEORGIA -- On August 1,2008 my husband, grandson and myself went to Long John Silvers/A&W in Summerville, Georgia. This was the worst experience that we have ever had.
First of all, when we went inside and tried to order, the girl waiting on us seemed very confused and not very knowledgeable of the procedures and/or food choices. We finally got our orders placed(while other customers were having the same problems) and waited and waited. Finally, a man that was working in the back called a number, a lady that had been standing there since before we came in, stepped up to get the "to go" order and I just happened to notice that the number called was my number. I told the man and told him that my order was for "there" he apologized and the other lady still waited.
This was really irritating but nothing to what we discovered when we went into the dining area to eat.The table and floors were nasty and the area around our booth smelled soured. In front of the drink counter, water was standing like you wouldn't believe. I told a girl (same one that took our orders)that someone was going to get hurt(I almost fell and so did other customers, that I saw)she said that she would take care of it right then. Well she did take care of it, she put a wet floor sign on one end of it and didn't even mop the water up.In this water was also food that had not been swept from the floor. The floor area around our booth had food, liquids and paper all under and around it. The seat that I sit in was "sticky"! I had to wipe the table top before we could eat. The whole place was so nasty and disorganized. As we were leaving, around back the manager was in her vehicle with the door open and smoking a cigarette. She should have been inside trying to teach the help something and cleaning that NASTY place up. The health department would not appreciate this at all.
Last year, I became very ill after eating at this same Long John Silvers along with co-workers that ate the same food and the same day.
I was so sick that my husband had to come to my job and drive me home because I was not able to drive myself(food poisoning). This has never happened to me before. I should have complained then, but I just let it go. I felt like I needed to complain about this last visit because people that dine out deserve a clean and safe place to do so, as well as people that are trained well enough to take care of them and the surroundings.