AT&T Long Distance USA Complaint - AT&T disconnected my phone in error - horrible responde since
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS -- Unbelievable story of bad company practice and CS
1. I had AT&T LD and local on my primary and second (for computer) phone line
2. On a Thursday I requested AT&T disconnect the SECOND line only.
3. On Tuesday they disconnected my primary line as well. After 1/2 hour of phone menus and two AT&T people, I finally got Customer Service -Expidite.. Long Story shortened, they informed me it would take 4 business days to correct their mistake! I requested a supervisor and was told a supervisor would call back withing 2 business days! This is customer service???? The AT&T CS rep hung up on me. In 5 days I have never heard from the supervisor.
4. The next customer service person I got informed me that the prior order (specifying only the second line be disconnected) had been discarded and we could not get our old phone number back (I had that number for 18 years). She said it would take 10 days to get new service.
5. Tried Customer Service again and finally got a person who has attempted to help. They DID find the original order in their system and has promised to restore my number to service in two or three business days. It is the weekend and I am keeping my fingers crossed for Monday or Tuesday.
6. If I had not had my phone number for so long AT&T would already be a company in my past. I suggest all avoid this company who has unbelievable bad policies and practices (even when they make serious mistakes) and has among the very worst customer service I have found (even in these days of uniformily degrading customer service everywhere).