Serenity Spas Sales and Service Complaint - Paid 1/2 Down, No Hot Tub

Review by farm1997 on 2008-09-22
INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA -- I saw an ad on Craigslist about a hot tub for sale, I called and spoke with Franklyn about it, but I needed something a little less expensive. He told me he had a shop and there was a hot tub there that I could get for $500.00
My husband is disabled and we wanted the tub to help his back.

My husband and I went there on 8/16/08 and put $250.00 down on the hot tub, and we were told that it would be ready in one week.

A week goes by and I hear nothing. I call and call and finally get to talk with Gary who tells me its not ready yet, but will be in another week.

I wait and then call and call. Nothing. I write an email to Franklyn who writes this back to me:

I am so sorry about all of this. We recently were a
> victim of a check fraud scheme that has cost us thousands of
> dollars and created many angry customers like yourself. Your
> spa is still being worked on and like I told you over the
> phone, I'll know something by the weekend. If you would
> like a refund we will put a check in the mail, however, if
> you would like to wait for another week (by that time
> I'll have a bank account and will be able to purchase
> the final part to your spa) we'll complete your spa and
> all you will have to pay is whatever Gary charges you to
> deliver and install. In other words, I'm waiving the
> $250 due to the delays.
> Again, I'm so sorry. I feel bad about your situation,
> and it doesn't help that someone has taken advantage of
> me and my company with a series of bad checks. Feel free to
> communicate via e-mail. I wish you and your husband all the
> best.
> Thanks,
> Franklyn www.myserenityspa.net > Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008

So I wait another week, and still nothing. I have left message after message, nothing. I have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office. I hope to get my money back, but I want to warn others about these 2!
Comments:1 Replies - Latest reply on 2008-09-22
Posted by Anonymous on 2008-09-22:
I would drive back there and see for myself what's going on. If they are still doing business then you could calmly demand your money immediately. Don't get in to an argument or cause a ruckus.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.