Pixmania Complaint - Missing Nikon 80-400
In December 2007 I bought a Nikon lens(80-400) at Pixmania for 200€.
- In July/08 it stopped functioning.
- I took it back to the store.
- One month and 20 days later Pixmania sent me an email informing, with no justification, that the repair wouldn't be covered by the warranty and that to start the I would have to pay, in advance, 433€.
- I protested and asked the reason.
- No answer was given.
- To get the repair on the move, I paid the 433€. I'd deal with the warranty issue later.
- Today, a week short of 3 months since I returned the lens and one month after I paid for the repair, I still haven't got it. Worse, nobody can tell me a date.
Even worse, nobody knows the whereabouts of the lens. Worse of all, nobody cares... Store manager included.
So, the score at this moment is: Pixmania +2433€, Me:-2433€, a lot of wasted time, countless phone calls, 8 trips to the store and 3 months deprived of an item that is essential to my work.