Charter Communications Informative - Worst Cable & Internet Service Provider Ever
GREATER WORCESTER AREA, MASSACHUSETTS -- Charter Communications is a monopolistic blood sucking business operator. They have not received ONE good review from actual customer. You can make out that good reviews are phony once you read through them. they all are stereotype opinions. I has to opt for charter for internet & cable since there is no other service provider in my town. Here are some red flags from day one:
* I called to sign up and asked if they had any good offers for new customers. The CS chuckled and said I don't have a choice, you can sign up or be left out.
* Ok so I signed up for $110 for 3 Mbps internet & cable with 10 HD channels and all basic channel.Not a good deal by my standards for new customers! Not a single promotion added. This was their base price
* Installation day, the guys is late. He comes at his own sweet time and slaps me with a $ 50 install fee. Hmmmmm.
* Internet speed is slow. I call CS. She tells me my neighborhood is hogging the line, I will have to suffer. Makes me wonder maybe DSL would be cheaper, if I have to live with low speed anyway
* Cable box reboots EVERY time I power on the box. CS tells me 'duh,just don't power off the box'.The box heats up beyond belief if kept on overnight. I ask for a new cable box. CS says no, cannot do that until it goes dead.
* One lucky day the cable box dies finally, I ask for replacement. CS says go to your nearest location and get it replaced else wait for 2 weeks for the next appointment.
* End of first year, I call to cancel service since I am fed up. CS threatens me for 45 minutes that if I cancel they will not let me sign up again for the next 6 months and I will be left in the dark with dish
* I chicken out and stick to them and end up paying $130 now with lower # of channels.
* Same abuse, bad service, unprofessional attitude, internet downtime, cable downtime continue for a year
* Beware about their CS. If you have called to change anything on your service, please call several times to confirm, because they never make changes even when they say they did
* I have heard blenders run, babies cry, vehicles backing up, crunching & munching sounds while the CS is trying to talk to me. I am not sure where they operate from but I am sure they are definitely not trained professionals.
* I finally decided to stop charter this year. Dish is not offering me anything great, but at least I do not pay for being kicked around and abused by CS.
I think it is time BBB took action to fix the obnoxious attitude and low standard service that Charter offers.I am still waiting for some to drag them to the consumer court.