Ecost.com Complaint - Deceptive Business Practice
CLINTON, NEW JERSEY -- The way the critical information and return policy were put on the website is quite deceptive. "recertified" as critical information needs to be clear and upfront and specific to the product. "clicking on return policy" sounds quite deceiving when the policy is all sales are final. Besides, I am still suspicious about the legality that on-line sales could be final. I believe Ecost is not doing a fair business practice and the response from the company customer service made me even more concerned about the fairness and honesty of their business practice.
1. "sales are final" never appeared during the check out process but it came out on the shipping slip
2. on-line claimed to be final, I suspect the practice could even be legal.
3. "Recertified" never appeared in the main description of the product while the product is actually refurbished
4. Ecost are selling used/partially broken products under the name of "recertified or refurbished" from my recent purchases.
6. Ecost could sell almost any garbage if "recertified" could by definition be any used item and "all on-line sales are final" could be legal.
Ecost needs to end this deceptive and in honest selling practice. Ecost needs to stop selling broken products under the name of "refurbished or recertified". Ecost needs to have the "recertified or refurbished" clearly showing on the product description. Ecost needs to change the policy "all sales are final" for on-line shopping.