Tracfone Complaint - They Ripped Me Off - Lost Minutes and Service Date
Today is 11/07/2008. Over 8 months ago I added over 3500 minutes to my Tracfone with an expire date of 06/28/2010. Over a week ago from today I could not make any phone calls, I got a recording saying my service was not active, but my phone showed I had 3195 minutes with an expire date of 06/28/2010. I called Tracfone and they said I had called them and transferred my minutes from my phone to another phone. I told them I did not call them to do any such thing. So they said it would have to be investigated.
A few days later I called them, they said it was still being investigated. Skipping to the fifth time I called them they told me that their system says my phone service had expired and that is why I couldn't make any calls. I argued with them about what they told me in the first place and they said they did not have any record of time being transferred off my phone. They told me that I needed to buy an airtime card to reactivate my phone and that was all I could do. Now I am furious and there is nothing I can do about it because that is what they have in their system. They told me if I added time to my phone and extended the service date my 3195 minutes would remain.
So today I added 60 minutes with a 20 minutes bonus code and guess what happened, my service date is now 02/09/2009, my 3195 minutes are gone and the 20 minutes bonus was not added to the phone, so now I only have 60 minutes with three months of service. If you calculate the minutes I had at a generous 10 cents a minute I was just robbed about $320. I'm going to call them tonight to se it I can get my minutes back but I doubt it. So it seems that hackers can get into their phone system and find out other peoples serial #'s and then transfer time from your phone to theirs. And then, after Tracfone investigates, they will say it's your problem. I would love to take them to court about this but it seems that they would somehow show that I let my service time expire on my phone and that's what caused my problem.