Time Warner Cable Complaint - Service? What Service?
NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- Maybe it is a good thing I never got any service out out TWC in the first place. Extract of my complaint letter.
Herewith timeline of events that I have all but given up pursuing th lead to TWC’s failure to deliver a service at all:
1. 17 October 2008: I ordered the 3 year price lock service for cable and internet. I expressly stated that this is a new service under my name. I have a full time job as operations manager at an international investment house and cannot be away from work during the week. I made arrangements to have a friend take off time to be present at my apartment on 22 October 2008 for the scheduled installation.
2. 22 October 2008: Service was installed as scheduled.
3. 04 November 2008: When I received the customer copy from my friend I notice
that the service was installed under the name of A Pratley, Customer number xxxxxx.
4. 04 November 2008: I contacted the Customer Service number and was advised to go to the TWC office in 23rd Street in Manhattan and provide a copy of my lease contract after which the situation will be corrected.
5. 04 November 2008: I went to the TWC office in 23rd Street and was advised by the agent that they will need to collect the equipment at my apartment and re-install everything. I was not given an explanation of the cause of this error. I asked for the installation to occur on Sunday 9 November 2008 as I would be at home during this time. The agent said that I would be contacted to reconfirm the appointment. To date nobody has contacted me.
6. 08 November 2008: A cable technician showed up unexpectedly at about 12:00 to collect equipment. This appointment was not scheduled.
7. 08 November 2008: I contacted TWC helpdesk to inquire about the installation and was surprised to be informed that it would be 11 November 2008 between 2pm and 6pm. I told the consultant that I am at work in the week and not available.
8. 11 November 2008: The cable installation person arrived 5 minutes before I returned from work. I contacted TWC again, this time speaking to a gentleman by the name of Sam who refused to give has last name. Sam said the earliest that this appointment could be rescheduled was Friday. Once again I am working during the week and not able to be at my apartment during the day.
My frustration is that today I have no cable or internet service and not sure how I am going to get it. I am surprised that under these tough economic conditions TWC can afford to offer bad service.
This has wasted a considerable amount of my valuable time in telephone calls, a visit to your offices and writing this letter. I require a service that is reliable, prompt and delivers on promises and I am willing to pay for it.
This entire mess resulted from TWC doing the initial installation incorrectly under the wrong person’s name.