Jennair Complaint - Horrible Appliance - Long List Of Repairs
Do not ever ever purchase a Jenn-Air downdraft range.
I bought mine in June 2007. Since it was summer in Washington dc, I only used the oven in the fall. Every time I used the oven there would be a smell of gas through the kitchen and then throughout the house.
Jenn-air sent the incompetent "a&e factory service" but that's another review...
Anyway, they person told me it was just because it was a new appliance and that what I smelled was the coating in the oven which made it shinny. After many calls to Jenn-Air, they finally sent another repair man who discovered the element inside the oven was not lighting up completely, therefore gas was leaking out while parts of it were lit. Following is my list of parts that have gone wrong with this appliance in less than two years:
1. Oven element defective.
2. Stove knob cracked.
3. Glass top cracked (according to them because of heat).
3. Electronic control panel failed
4. Electronic control panel failed (again)
5. Upper left hand burner has an electric defect and doesn't ignite without a match.
6. Oven not calibrated and releasing heat.
Company has repeatedly said that while the appliance is "repairable" they will not replace it. I am about to write to attorney general.