American Laser Centers Complaint - Electrocution - Vela Shape Laser Treatment
ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN -- I have purchased many types of treatments at ALC, including hair removal, vela shape, and microderm abrasion.
I am putting this out there to let everyone know that I was electrocuted while getting a vela shape treatment. Not only was I surprised that the equipment shocked me, but what was more shocking is how the company handled it!!
I was shocked during one treatment- the electricity went down my leg and out my foot. I did not suffer any burns, but my leg was numb for 4 hours after. The manager in the office reassured me that they would get a new machine and I should come back the next day. VERY RELUCTANTLY, I went back the next day. They reassured me it was a new machine and that they used it on several people that morning. Unbelievably, I got shocked AGAIN during this treatment!! Come to find out they had only used the small attachment on other clients, had not replaced the machine, and used it on me again!!
They apologized and that was it. No free services offered, no peace of mind that this was not going to happen again.
I didn't get any satisfaction from the management at the office- do I decided to call corporate.
The customer service representative had the audacity to say 'well if there weren't any burns and no photographs taken of the affected area, then there is really no evidence that it happened, is there? So what exactly do you want us to do for you?'
Can you believe this!!!???? Because I still can't. I have no idea what my next move is going to be.