Ironwood Communications Complaint - Complete And Total Liars
EASTSOUND, WASHINGTON -- We've been a DirecTV customer since February,2001. In early November I bought and installed an HD DVR receiver to replace our original TV receiver. Needed the dish upgraded to HD and a second HD DVR installed in the bedroom. I was given a date of December 15th.
1. Installer doesn't show. Dispatch says that I can "select any date I want". I pick the next day (Dec. 16th, a Saturday)
2. Installer doesn't show. I called dispatch and was told that someone had canceled and that the install would be on Monday, Dec. 18th.
3. At 3:00 PM on Monday I called dispatch to confirm that the installer was still coming. Told that he never had been coming - the order had been cancelled. The cancellation was blamed on DirecTV and no reason was given.
4. Called DirecTV - they denied canceling the order. Told me that Ironwood would call me. They never did.
5. Opened a dispute. Told that Ironwood or DTV would close this our withing 72 hours. Never heard a word.
6. It's now December 19th. I have a good DTV customer service representative on the line. She's going to try to get Ironwood to contact me. Her computer says I'm scheduled for January 12th. Why would a customer who's been screwed over go to the end of the line - to screw them over some more?
This isn't over yet...
This has to be one of the sloppiest, horribly managed, customer insensitive miserable excuse for a field service operation I've ever seen. I shouldn't' be surprised, this is the inevitable result of a company having monopoly power. The DTV/Dish merger should never have been approved.