Dollar Rent A Car Systems, Inc. Complaint - Trying To Obtain Quote From 'Worldwide' Reservations Centre - Don't Bother
You would not believe the problems I have had with Dollar just trying to get a quote. This has been going on for 3 weeks. A long story, but worth the read. In other words, never rent with Dollar!
I am in Australia and traveling to San Francisco in July 2009. I was especially interested in hiring a Chevy Corvette Convertible from their style series range, but was having issues in displaying prices/availability on the website.
I decided instead that I would email their worldwide reservation desk with my simple inquiry. Bear in mind when you read the below, that it is the same person responding to me each time, and so they had records of my previous emails (through the tracking number).
1. I sent them an email and explained that I couldn't get the website to show me prices and told them the type of vehicle I wanted, my pick up location and that I wanted a 1 week period in July.
2. What I got back was an email (not the automated one but a personal written one) that said I can obtain the rates by going to the website.
3. I emailed back and I explained that (as per my first email) I had tried to do that already, and so was seeking assistance.
4. I then received an email back saying they could not provide me with a quote without the rental location.
5. I replied and said that I had already provided this, and all I wanted was a quote.
6. She then responded and said that was correct, but they could not provide a quote without details of when I wanted to hire.
7. I replied and said I had provided this and by this time I am getting annoyed.
8. She then replied saying to check the website and giving me instructions (talking in a very condescending manner) how to use it.
9. I replied and said I had already tried that and just wanted a quote and dates that the vehicle WAS AVAILABLE so I could arrange my holiday around getting this vehicle.
10. She then replied and said without EXACT dates they could not even give me a rough price or quote.
11. I replied and asked her to try any 1 week period throughout July 2009, to see when it was available and providing they could do this I would book straight away.
12. The same lady then responded saying they could not provide me with a quote without the rental location or exact dates.
Now by this time I felt like I was being wound up.
I made a complaint via email to head office, who never responded. I had also asked the sales representative for the contact details of their complaints dept or customer advocate - never a response! Of course!
And now 2 weeks later I thought I would give it one last try. So emailed her back asking her to just call the rental location and ASK when it was going to be available.
She replied back saying she made the call, and the car had been pulled from the rental location in 2009 due to unpopularity.
I am very angry now. Could she not have just done this in the first place?
It would seem that Dollar are really not interested in whether they have a customer or not, and in the current economic down spiral, I would have thought that companies would be tripping over themselves to get customers.
I will NEVER rent from Dollar. EVER.