Flip Mino Informative - Digital Pocket Video Camera Review
I got a Flip Mino HD for Christmas this year. Neat little digital video recorder. Thought I would share my take on it:
- It weighs ounces and is smaller than my cellphone. It can slip easily into your pocket.
- It has a built-in USB connector to easily plug in to any computer without using cables.
- It has a built-in software suite that lets you instantly upload your video(s) to YouTube, AolVideo, Myspace, etc. You can also send your video via e-mail or create and send an e-card all from the device itself! It connects to the Flip website to handle any communication services like email, etc.
- It stores up to 60 minutes of HD video (widescreen). They make a non-HD version as well.
- Controls are very easy to use. Just point and push a button to start recording. There is basically no complicated configuration options with this, it has one basic function, to record digital videos and share them easily.
- You can also easily edit your videos before sharing them. I had a clip of my daughter that I chopped down to just a minute of her talking. The software was very simple to use.
Best part about this little device is the software that comes on it. Shooting videos and sharing them is very easy, and you won't even have to read an instruction manual. Just plug your camera into your computer/laptop and the software will auto-install and you will be presented with very easy to understand option (ie - send an e-card, email your video, edit video, upload to youtube, etc).
If you are in the market for a portable video camera and you are the type that wants to share them online a lot, definitely recommend the Flip Mino. The regular non-HD model can be found for around $150 I think. The HD model is closer to $200.