ALW Sourcing, LLC - Trenton NJ Complaint - Collection Of Debt From Dead Ex Husband

Review by jakebaby on 2009-02-20
TRENTON, NEW JERSEY -- Received letter from ALW Sourcing, LLC Trenton, NJ, 08650-4937, stating that I was to pay my dead ex husband, that I was divorced from since 1996, his ER bill. Of 610.00.Which I do not owe, I'm no longer his wife, also, he died Jan.19, 1999,At his mothers house of cancer. He was living with his girlfriend, Joy, at the time of this bill. I owe nothing, and don't appreciate them, harassing me, about his debts, his bones are in Gosten cemetery in North Belmont, NC, if they won't to collect.....
Comments:11 Replies - Latest reply on 2009-02-25
Posted by KCR on 2009-02-20:
His Mother runs a "House of Cancer"? :-p

jakebaby, if you check back in a little while, there will be a few regulars that will post procedures for dealing with these guys.
Posted by Slimjim on 2009-02-20:
Send them a Cease Communication Letter. The letter should not only demanding them to stop calling you, but also clearing up your position regarding the obligation to this debt and therefore, your interest in dealing with it.
Posted by Anonymous on 2009-02-20:
Even if you were legally bound to the debt, it's way past the statute limit in New Jersey. Medical debt in New Jersey is 6 years.
Posted by tnchuck100 on 2009-02-20:
Slim and PB are telling you right. You might also make sure this has not been reported to the credit bureaus. Odds are it is not. But if it has been you could take action and be compensated for their abuse. These two links may provide some useful information.

Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)

Posted by madconsumer on 2009-02-20:
isn't this to old to collect? stand your ground, and never give them a personal check, credit card number, or bank account number.
Posted by D. on 2009-02-20:
Did you inform them that he is deceased? A simple copy of the death certificate will end it, his Mother or girlfriend should have one, if you don't...they can also run his SS# through to verify that he is deceased. If your SS# is not on his account...I don't see how they will be able to post in on your credit report...I wouldn't spend much time worrying about this one.
Posted by Anonymous on 2009-02-20:
Offer to give them his new address and tell them they should go to hell to collect.
Posted by Anonymous on 2009-02-20:
Ken definitely has the Best Answer on this one.
Posted by jakebaby on 2009-02-25:
jakebaby,answers,his mother is dead also, now,another co.sold this old debt to this co.havent heard any more from them....
Posted by jakebaby on 2009-02-25:
his mother,brother all died of cancer in that area,also most of their neighbors,due to a closed down co.in the 70s,burying toxic chemicals in to the ground water of peoples wells,gov. only fine this co. jakebaby
Posted by jktshff1 on 2009-02-25:
ken has the best answer!

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.