Wendy's Complaint - Food Poisoning - Wendy's Chili
On Monday, Feb.16, 2009 I & my two little children went to Wendy's in the town of Edison, NJ. We arrived at 12:27pm. We ordered a small chili, Large Chili, & two Kids Meals(nuggets/fries). I ate the Large & my 8 year old son ate the small chili. About 2-4 hours later I was by myself in the home depot & all of a sudden my skin turned white, my head was aching terribly, I felt like I was about to vomit, my face & head was dripping sweat, my abdomen was hurting something fierce and got a bad case of the runs. Was stuck in that bathroom for an hour in agony. I called my wife to see if our 8 year old son ate his chili yet & by that time he ate about half. My wife threw the rest out. Later that night my son came down with the worst diarrhea & pain in his abdomen. A couple days later he vomited so much. My daughter doesn't eat the chili & was unaffected. I by the way was sick till Saturday night. Tuesday I called up customer service.
A very nice woman took down all the information as to what happened & at which location. She assured me that someone would call me back. No one did. So I posted a complaint via email to customer service on Friday, about what happened on Monday. The very next day a nice gentlemen called me & said that there is nothing he could do that the food at Wendy's is perfectly safe, & this is the first time that food poisoning has ever happened at any Wendy's. The problem with that story is there is posting of raw hamburgers all over the internet at different locations. And he said that food poisoning doesn't come up that quickly. (That's not true, Staphyloccal 30 minutes-8hrs later, Vibriobacteria 4-96hrs, Toxin-Caused Scombroid poisoning 5 minutes-1hour, Botulism 12-48hours.) He acknowledged that's correct. So he said the Insurance Company would call me back the next week on Wednesday. They did not, but he called back instead & said they didn't believe me, that I and my son coincidentally caught a virus. They wouldn't even give me my money back for the chili $1.49 and $1.99 + tax.
Well I just want to warn everyone to be careful at Wendy's, God forbid you should also come down with a Foodborne illness from their chili, they won't believe you either. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. I will never set foot in a Wendy's again.