American Express Complaint - Cancelled My Card Without Even Notifying Me
I just learned today that Amex cancelled my credit card. I spoke with them on the phone about this, and this was their reasoning:
1. I don't carry a very large balance
2. I don't always pay my card off in full each month.
My retort to them:
1. I have been a card member for 10 years.
2. I ALWAYS pay at least 50% of my balance.
3. Why is carrying a low balance a BAD thing?
4. My current balance is exactly $67.88.
5. Not that it matters, but I earn around $250,000 per year, and AmEx should consider me to be a valuable customer for the next 40 years.
I was at a business dinner last night, and was told by our server that my card was cancelled. Can you say EMBARRASSING????
Amex did not even have the courtesy to call/email/mail me to let me know that they had cancelled.
Look, we ALL get that this is a crazy economic time. However, there are principles and norms by which we all should live, including large corporations, like American Express.
I encourage anyone who is considering applying for an AmEx card to refrain from doing so.
I guess that this is what you get for being loyal. They are a terrible, terrible company, and I hope that they go out of business.
do yourself a favor, and never use your AmEx card again if you already have one, and do not apply for one if you are a newbie. You will regret it deeply.
More Reviews on American Express: