Verizon Complaint - Verizon Employee
I can vouch for this behavior. I am also an employee at Verizon and I have to agree that they will suspend you for 5 or 10 days if you are observed not offering products to a customer. The pressure to sell products are so bad that a lot of employees are getting stress related illness such as high blood pressure and having anxiety attacks. There are rules that we have now that state that if a customer wants to speak with a supervisor about billing the consultant must handle, the help desk set up to assist customers with bills will no longer assist these customers. It is putting the agents in a bind because we have not been properly trained to explain the bills to the customers and we know that we can no longer transfer the customers over to the department that can. Floor supervisors are suppose to assist with calls now but they don't even want to deal with it so they tell you to take a call back for the customer, yet the agent in the meantime is held accountable for the amount of time that the customer is on the line. If you have a customer on the line for over 9 mins, even if you are trying to provide good customer service, you have a supervisor or floor support coming to your desk telling you to get the customer off the phone because you have been on the call to long. When was providing outstanding customer service to a customer timed?
Then you have the employees that are adding products to customers accounts without the customers authorization just so they can Win daily contest, trips, and monthly bonuses. The sad part is that the supervisors are aware but don't care as long as the agents are meeting their goals which will in turn help them to meet their goals so they can get the other 30% of their pay, as they are now on a 70/30 pay scale. That means if your team doesn't meet goal you will get 70% of your pay but not the other 30%. So GOOD OLE customer service is definitely out the window at Verizon. It's the old bait in switch in effect, tell customers enough of what they need to know to get the sale, or just add to account and they will call back to have it cancelled when they realize they are being charged.
So Please Please read your bills and make sure that what you ask for is all you are paying for. And if they ask for your email address or discuss sending you something free for 14 days or 30 days...please know that nothing in life is free and you will be billed even if you don't download the free trial, so be aware