AT&T Cable Services Complaint - AT&T U-Verse Is A Joke!
MODESTO, CALIFORNIA -- I think I am only writing this to make myself feel better but in January 09' I signed up to receive the U200 package in my home. I was made the following promises...
1. $200 cash back for signing up.
2. 2 free months of service.
3. 2 free DVRs (I don't even use the one I have but when you can have 2 why not)
4. A promotional rate of $10-$15 off for the first year.
While I was moving in the reps came by and reiterated these facts to me and also assured me that the development I live in was wired for U-Verse when it was being built.
Here is what I got.....
1. missed an entire day of work waiting for the installer that was 6 hours late.
2. an incomplete install that was not completed until nearly 2 weeks after initial installation.
3. an invoice for the first month (see promise #2)
4. found out I am not eligible for the $200 back because I signed up in store instead of online.
5. took an act of congress to get them to complete the install.
6. the invoice was at full retail, no discounted rate.
7. over 50 minutes used of peak hours cell phone time with their "tech department".
8. one DVR
Right as the first installer was leaving the Comcast Rep came to my door, thank god I kept his card.
I feel better, if this helps anyone else in their decision making when it comes to choosing phone/internet/cable deals I have done my part.
More Reviews on AT&T Cable Services: