Subway Informative - To The General Public (Our Beloved Patrons)
WISCONSIN -- I KNOW THIS IS LONG, BUT PLEASE READ IT ANYWAY. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ENTERTAINED.
I will choose to remain anonymous, though I will share that I am a Subway employee. I am also an American citizen so I know what it's like to go into a fast food restaurant and receive less than desirable service. This type of service would include making a mistake with my order, over charging me, or leaving some type of foreign object (ie. hair, fingers etc.) in my food. It makes no difference to me if the employee is wearing his or her whole uniform(apron, visor...), is cleanly shaven, or is even artificially polite to me as most employees are instructed to be. I hardly ever have the ability to even force a smile while I'm at work, but that doesn't impact the quality of food that I provide for my customers. This site is filled with complaints from customers about how bad the service is at these restaurants. Many times the employees act that way so you leave. Believe me, we don't get paid on commission, so ask your self how happy we are when a line is so long it stretches out the back door. I have heard many complaints from customers before and I'm left rather un interested. I do, however, have a couple insightful complaints of my own as an employee.
1. Customers talking on their cell phones while ordering is certainly the most aggravating. This is so rude. I couldn't imagine doing this while I was ordering at a fast food place. Put the phone down. Come on. You specific people know who you are that always seem to be doing it. Just stop with the phone and don't be rude to me when you order.
2. Customers who think they are better than me because I work at Subway is another bothersome topic. I am a full time college student studying civil engineering. I also happen to work at Subway. This job has given me a big wake up call in judging people by their job. I don't know their situation and neither do you. People who work at fast food places aren't always stupid. Many times they are, but not in every case.
3. Pointing at the glass while telling me which vegetables you want. Oh my god. I know where each one is. I have been there since I was 15. I got it under control. Stop pointing and getting greasy finger prints on the glass.
4. Making messes at the tables. I have cleaned up messes at tables that I would have had to work hard to make when I was 3 years old. These messes are often made by adults. I know I am a loser that works at Subway, but couldn't you have some respect for me and at least try to pick up after yourself a little bit?
5. Not being ready to order while there is a long line. This is a big one guys. The menu lists all of the items for sale and their corresponding prices. It's not that hard. And if the decision really needs more pondering, step back and let the other people go first. I have been to many fast food places and it seems to me Subway customers are among the worst behaved of all.
This letter in no way is representative of all Subway customers. I have a bunch of regulars that come in and are always nice to me. Not surprisingly, they are never guilty of any of my 5 complaints. Most customers are just fine, but there are plenty who fit the negative description to the "T." Since I was a young boy, my parents taught me the importance of personal responsibility and respect for others. If even I, a lowly Subway employee can adhere to these simple rules of life, can't you customers do the same? Go out and thank your sandwich artist today. Tell him or her how much he or she means to you. Don't make them think they fit into the common category of fast food employee. Be ready to order, hang up your phone, keep your paws off the glass, don't act as though you are superior to me, especially since I already have more education than most of you, and clean up your crap at the tables.
We are all people. Let's all treat each other with respect. And let's attempt to earn respect from others through honesty, hard work, responsibility, and compassion.
Eat Fresh everyone!!