Window World Allen, KY Complaint - Window World Deception
ALLEN, KENTUCKY -- 1. Dec. 19th, 2008 Rodney Castle came to our house and provided us with an estimate to replace our Windows. This same day my wife paid for half up front and agreed on the contract.
2. Monday, Dec. 22 I called Window World and spoke with Andrea Kennedy, employee of Window World and told her I would like to add another window to replace an old window air conditioner. Andrea replied that they would not have to order that window because they had one in stock. Rodney Castle then came out to our house again and measured for the additional window and said it would be $300 dollars more for this addition. Rodney told my wife he would send a guy out to go ahead and install this window since they had it in stock.
3. On Jan. 6th 2009, Derek Kennedy came to our house to install the first window that they had in stock. At the end of the day, he told my wife to go ahead and pay him the $300 for this window. She did so with a check. All this time we were under the impression that this was all done by Window World.
4. On Jan. 15th a second crew showed up to install the other 11 windows. This crew did a superb job on installing the windows. The crew informed my wife that the first window that was installed was not done correctly and we should contact Window World to get it fixed. The work on the first window was not acceptable.
5. I called Window world and reported the issue to Andrea at Window world. She stated that the window was installed as good as possible. She then said that it was her husband that installed the window and he said that the window was installed properly. I informed her that that their own workers told my wife to report the window as improperly installed. From there I seen that the local window world was not going to resolve the problem.
6. I contacted the corporate office online by submitting a complaint online.
7. Andrea called soon after I submitted the complaint online and told me the corporate office had called their office. Andrea then went on to say that Window world would replace the window and fix the sheet rock around the window. She said it would take around 4 weeks. I was satisfied with that.
8. On Feb. 16th, 2009 I called Window World to follow up with the replacement window. I spoke with [the] Vice President of Window World. I ask [snip] about our replacement window. He then informed me that they had fired Andrea Kennedy due to problems such as my case. [snip] said he would contact me back after he found the information on my window install.
9. On Feb. 17th, 2009 I called Window World again to follow up since I heard nothing from [snip]. At this point, [snip] informed me that they could not replace the improperly installed Window because Andrea had gave that item to her husband Derek to do on the side. [snip] said this was done outside of Window World. At this point I was very upset. All this time I am dealing with Window World employees and spending almost $4,000 and then [snip] is telling me that one of our windows was done by someone besides window world. Therefore this window is not under warranty, the window will not be fixed, and there is nothing Window World can do about it. [snip] informed me that he could give me Andrea's cell number. I told [snip] I had purchased everything from Window World, or at least that was the impression gave to me by Andrea, a window world employee and Rodney Castle, a window world employee. [snip] said they would not fix the problem.
10. I contacted the corporate office via phone. I think the ladies name of Suzie. I told her the story and she said she would contact the Window World at Allen and call me back. Suzie called me back and upheld the same stance as [snip].
Conclusion: I am stuck with a Window that is improperly installed that I gave $300 for that all along I thought I was purchasing from Window World at Allen Kentucky from Window World personnel. However, now Window World has fired those employees and will not stand behind their business.