Kentucky Fried Chicken Complaint - Chemicals On Food - Potato Wedges
DAYTON, OHIO -- I visited the KFC On Linden Ave. in Dayton, OH and purchased 2 Big Box Meals for myself and my friend. I had eaten about 3 potato wedges, and I took 2 bites of the fourth when I was struck with a disgusting taste. It tasted like those strong cleaning fluids you sometimes smell in restaurants. I immediately got up and spit out what was still in my mouth, and soon after the contents of my stomach. I made my friends look at it, and all of them immediately smelled the chemical and noticed the dark blue discoloration on the inside. I could not get rid of the taste in my mouth, and felt on odd tingling sensation on my tongue. Almost like I had put hot food in my mouth and burnt it.
I decided to bring the food back to KFC. That way they could be aware of the issue, and I could find out what chemical I might have ingested. The manager was friendly, polite and apologetic and surprisingly even smelled the wedge. However, he stated that he noticed no odor and at first offered to only remake the wedges. I declined his first offer, as well as his offer to remake the entire box since I no longer had an appetite. I told him all I wanted was a refund for the 2 boxes. He replied he couldn't give me a refund, he'd have to send a request to corporate that would take up to 4 weeks to process. He also added that he was very careful with his cleaning fluids, only cleaned at night, and was "OCD so obviously he was thorough about cleaning". Since he refused to admit it was tainted, I was unable to get the name of any possible chemicals.
What disturbs me the most is the fact a 2 year old was sharing the other wedges, and he might have got the tainted fry if I hadn't first. I was able to get the manager to admit that perhaps the chemical got on the wedges at the factory. My stomach was in agony for the rest of the night, and still hurts a little bit now.