Best Buy Complaint - Best Buy Credit Card Service
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA -- My daughter just got a Best Buy Credit Card because they offered an "interest free" program. Her first payment is due and she has received nothing from the servicing company. Here what has occurred so far:
1. she called the HSBC number (they handle the credit card for Best Buy). She encountered three different operators who spoke English so poorly that she could not understand them very and finally got someone who did speak English well enough to be understood.
2. They did not want to give her the information needed to mail the payment in and tried to get her to make the payment on-line. She finally did get the mailing information.
3. She tried to fill out an on-line payment form so she would not have a late payment. Only to find that it was not the normal type of program where your bank account is debited by the company. Instead it was a Company called "MONEY BROKERS". They use a verification through your cell phone instead of through your E-mail .... she does not have a cell phone so this failed.
4. She then had to send the payment through the mail and paid an Extra $5.25 to have the letter certified with a return receipt.
5. Went to the store to register a complaint about the credit card service and found the Store will have nothing to do with credit card complaints (BEST BUY DOES NOT ISSUE THE CARDS AND THE STORE MANAGER APPARENTLY HAD INSTRUCTED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK TO REFUSE TO LET CUSTOMERS TALK TO HIM ABOUT CREDIT CARD COMPLAINTS).
6. Called corporate head quarters and was refused any contact with anyone there other than the person who answered the phone and apparently had instructions to deny access to anyone with a credit card complaint.
7. I have had the same problem with Best Buy and their credit card in the past. The credit card payment notice was not mailed to me or at least I did not get it. And had the same run around as my daughter. I PAID MY NOTE OFF AND HAVE NOT DONE BUSINESS WITH BEST BUY SINCE.
8. I DID CONTACT THE ANOTHER STORE IN OKLAHOMA CITY AND FOUND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE TO BE MORE COOPERATIVE ..... BUT THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING THAT THE CORPORATE OFFICE DOES NOT DO .... THEY ACTUALLY TALKED TO ME .... BUT COULD NOT ASSURE ME THERE WAS ANYTHING THEY COULD DO.
9. I do not buy from Best Buy any longer and my company does not buy from them .... since I am the purchasing manager. The loss of business is not a pimple on Best Buy's total income, but I feel better.