Denny's Restaurant Informative - Horrible Food / Good Manager
KENTUCKY -- This morning we stopped at Denny's for breakfast after an early appointment.
Little man had an alien pancake kids meal, my husband got a grand slam, and I got a Belgian Waffle platter.
The waitress was very nice and had our drinks served before we could even unroll our silverware. We put our order in and within 15 minutes got our food. That is where it went downhill.
What was served to us was some of the most DISGUSTING food I've ever had the displeasure of eating. How this slop left the kitchen the way it was served to us is beyond comprehension.
My son's alien pancakes were supposed to be served with whipped cream and strawberries, didn't have it. I didn't complain because he didn't really care.
My husband's scrambled eggs for his grand slam were undercooked and runny on some parts and over cooked and burnt on others. His pancakes were raw in the middle and when he cut them open pancake batter ran all over his plate. His potatoes were so oily that they sparkled under the light of our table.
My waffle was also undercooked and rubbery. The butter that they served on top of the waffle wasn't even able to melt because it was so cold and soggy. It almost seemed like the waffle itself was put in a steam bath to cook rather than a waffle maker. When I took a bite of my sausage it was ice cold and still frozen in the middle.
To say I was disgusted was an understatement. I cannot believe that not only did the person cooking this food allow it to leave the kitchen, but the waitress even bothered to serve it.
When our server came and asked us how everything was we told her what was wrong with our food and requested the manager. We didn't want them to make us more food, at this point we just wanted to leave.
The manager came to our table right away and took our plates into the back. She came back within 5 minutes apologizing and told us that our meal was on the house and that she couldn't believe we were served food like that.
All in all this was probably the worst food I've ever eaten in a restaurant. So much so that I probably will not be going back to this location.