John Deere Company Complaint - Only Suckers Would Buy John Deere Products
COVINGTON, GEORGIA -- When my neighbor's John Deere riding mower developed a bad power take-off switch, and I tried to find one, I ran into the following problems:
1. There is no John Deere telephone #
2. The web site is totally non-functional
3. Web site doesn't even recognize its own product numbers.
4. Part is unavailable at all local dealerships
5. Parts are way over-priced.
6. Parts unavailable at other net sites.
7. The PTO switch is obviously an electrical part, but entering "PTO Switch" under 'electrical' results in "NO products found matching PTO switch".
8. One must obtain a 3-digit registration code to make purchases.
In short, you are boxing yourself in if you buy one of their products. You pay way too much for a product you may find impossible to service.
My Sear's product allowed me to replace an entire transmission (new, original equipment) for $200.00 by purchasing it over the internet. Don't try that with Deere.