Kentucky Fried Chicken Complaint - Feathers And Food Poisoning
MORGANTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA -- To Whom It May Concern:
Saturday May 30th my fiancé and I visited your Morgantown WV restaurant at around 6 o’clock. We ordered the 10 piece grilled and fried mix bucket. The food was fair but the grilled chicken was very dry. After eating a few pieces of the grilled we moved on to the fried that was at the bottom of the bucket. To our horror after starting to eat we found a feather that had been fried along with the chicken. (It measures almost 3 inches in length, we bagged it and refrigerated it until such time that we get a reply.) Disgusted with the discovery we left the restaurant went to a movie and returned home. I awoke very early Sunday morning violently ill with food poisoning my fiancé was also ill but not to the extent that I was. I was so ill that I was forced to call off work for that day and was still very ill at work Monday. It’s a special occasion when we get to go to a KFC restaurant for us because we live almost an hour from the nearest restaurant in rural Oakland MD. Needless to say this incident has kind of put us off to your food chain. I have my sales receipt and my credit card receipt. I also have the fried feather we found and a few left over pieces that we don’t dare eat after falling ill to food poisoning.
I feel this is a serious inquiry and should not be taken lightly. When visiting a restaurant you expect a certain level of quality, becoming violently ill and finding a fried feather in your food is not quite what you expect. I don’t know how to resolve this incident or if you need to view and/or test either the feather or the chicken itself but I will hold on to them and keep them refrigerated until the problem is resolved.
Nicholas J Betz