Club Med Sales Inc Complaint - Food Poisoning At Club Med - Club Med Serves Filthy Food
Club Med Serves Filthy Food - Complaint
CLUB MED SERVES ROTTEN FOOD (literally!)
My family and I have been loyal guests at Club Med resorts since almost 20 years. Not any more. Earlier this April (2009) we returned from a terrible stay at the Club Med resort in Chamonix, France. It all began with our disappointment when we realized that the general quality of the food was not at all as it used to be. Among others, we noticed how bland the meat tasted and how watery the soups were. More importantly, there was a distinct and unpleasant odor near the tables where fish and seafood was offered, but given our good experience in the past, we didn’t bother too much. Then, as the days went on, we spoke with friends about the food and heard repeatedly about stomach discomfort. On the following day, my wife complained about severe stomach pains and from that day on she simply avoided all but the most basic food in the dining room. We bought some medications but it took more than 48 hours until her discomfort somewhat subsided, albeit not entirely. It wasn’t pleasant.
I personally pride myself with a very robust stomach and it happens very rarely that I experience any bowel related discomfort. However, this time I too succumbed to the impact caused by the food at the resort: I caught a severe diarrhea and was forced to spend two full days at my room. After taking medications, the diarrhea gradually subsided and gave way to very painful stomach cramps. Needless to say that I was deprived of my long awaited ski experience during these days.
We are generally very healthy people and neither my wife nor I ever experienced food related discomfort of such magnitude. It turned out that it wasn’t just in our imagination because we obtained solid proof that our experience was clearly a result of food poisoning at your resort: When we entered the dining room from the Friday evening “Gala Dinner”, approaching a plate of grapevine leafs, we were stunned to find them thoroughly covered with mold and mildew. It was disgusting and the images we took are self explanatory (available for anyone who want to see them). We immediately requested the attention of the Chef de village, [snip] and he too was utterly shocked. His apologies were too little and far too late.
Suffice it to say, that we are furious and very disappointed in how we were let down by ClubMed. Not only did we spend almost € 5,000 for this very doubtful pleasure, but our entire, long awaited vacation was utterly ruined.
To round it up, we got the final insult from ClubMed when they responded to our complaint by saying that since nobody else had any issues, they don’t see any reason to pursue it any further.
Bottom line: Beware of Club Med. There food is rotten, literally!