Sprint PCS Informative - My Thoughts - Customer Service.
Now, before you begin to read this informative, and decide to rant and rave about your opinions about what I have to say, I'd like to state your opinion is important to me, and I'd love to hear what you have to say, HOWEVER, I will also inform you before you read this, if you are any type of human being that feels it's necessary to insult, make rude comments, or start fights, I'd like to have you stay away from any and all of my opinions, because YOUR opinion does not matter to me, if you cannot state in a proper and considerate way.
That being said. I've chosen today to right about Sprint Customer Service. That wonderful cell phone company within the United States of America. Before I get to far into this, I would like to point out the following. I am not an employee of Sprint, or any retailer or third party company that deals with Sprint. I am not being paid to state what I'm going to be stating in this bulletin, and it is my soul opinion, as well as I do NOT have Sprint as a Cell phone service. So you're probably asking yourself, why would someone who doesn't have, work, or isn't being paid to say the following, be bothering or know anything about it? Well, I a computer, and a lot of spare time that makes me research various things and find reasons to debate. While reviewing some interesting sites, I came a crossed ad's about Sprint, information, and other peoples thoughts. I was absolutely annoyed with some of the comments and rude thoughts people could say about other people they've never met. So I wanted to bring some interesting idea's into those minds of yours. These don't just pertain to Sprint customer service, but also to all contact centers out there.
1) The person you're speaking with, is probably not located in the same state as you, and likely isn't located within anywhere near you. This is for good logical reason.
2) The person you're talking to has done nothing at all to you at the point in time where they answered your call, so why not allow them a chance. You don't know who this person is remember, so for all you know this person you're speaking with could be a family member, or a family members relation.
3) Yes, you will get someone who speaks another language. You will get people who are hard to understand, and you will be frustrated at this. However, how is this anywhere near being Sprint, or the client your calling's fault? People need jobs. Whether that job be something fancy like you claim to do, or working at a call center, it's a job. You need money, as does the person who you're talking to at the other end. If you're the type of person who get's easily frustrated attempting to make someone understand you who doesn't speak your language perfectly, then hang up and call back!
4) Why call someone while you're upset? You yourself know it's human nature to get upset when something goes wrong, or isn't how you feel it should be. So why would you take your anger out on someone who doesn't know you, and you don't know them. Again, remember, they've done nothing to you, only state their name and ask how they can help you! When someone is trying to help you, why would you want to sit there and yell at them? Yes, you're upset, and angry at something, but why would you sit there and take it out on someone so innocent.
5) You catch more flies with Sugar then Vinegar. I'm sure you've heard this. I'm sure you've said this! Most people have. The people you're talking with on the other end of the phone are regular people right off the street. These people are just people who have gone through the training and been given the information that is required to try to help you get your issues resolved. You could have no customer service at all, you could then get a bill that shows you've used 200 minutes over you're allowed, and you know what! If it wasn't for customer service, then you wouldn't get the chance to tell them why and they wouldn't be able to try to help you out! Believe it or not, but those "a$$holes" you're talking to could easily hang up on you and say "screw it". Those "bitc#es" could just as well say no, pay your bill you did it. However we all know that you were innocent and that you never actually did go over your minutes, even though you spoke on the phone for 40 minutes with your mother, 30 minutes with your girlfriend, but guarantee you never used them! Seriously, the crap that those reps probably sit there and laugh about, while we complain and tell them we didn't do it!? They have systems that can prove whether you did or not. So just stop lying, and being rude. You're human, not an a$$hole.
6) Remember when your little girl, or boy first got their job? They we working at McDonald's serving fries, and they took a little longer to get everything together. The next night, they come home upset because they were yelled at, screamed at, called every name under the sun. All because some fat ass didn't get their french fries in less then 3 minutes? How'd that make you feel? Pretty upset huh? Well think about the people that are just starting out new in a call center? Do you honestly think that the people in call centers are their because they just know everything so they should be doing things perfectly? Perhaps they've been their a while, perhaps the person you're talking to just started working their, and that night was their first time on the phone. You were the first person they talked to. Wouldn't want to leave a bad impression?
AND MY FAVORITE:
7) The person you're talking to on the other end of the phone, chances are you'll never talk to them again, and you don't know where they're from, the only thing you know is their first name. However - They know you're full name, your address, phone number, how old you are, and control whether your phones work or not. So think twice before telling them off and being an a$$hole. Maybe that's why your Bills so high?
So you took the time to make it down to hear I see, or you just skipped through it because you don't want to know the truth. Either way, I hope some of this information you've read helps you think twice about calling up your phone carrier and telling them where to go, or tell them what to do, and remember, you're an adult, don't act like your going through the terrible 2's again!
-- My Thoughts
A Friendly Person