Island Grill Restaurant and Bar Wentworth, GA Complaint - Island Grill food made us sick/ Health Department needs to monitor
WENTWORTH, GEORGIA -- On June 22, 2009 we stopped at this restaurant/bar called Island Grill Restaurant and Bar in 7222 Ga Highway 21. Port Wentworth, GA 31407. The first impression wasn't great but we decided to give it a try. The restaurants walls were filty, dust hanging down from the roof and the bathrooms were filthy dirty with mildew in them and it stank bad. My son (8)blurted out to one of the servers “Why does it stink so bad in here?” There was leaking water in the ladies bathroom on the floor. The server responded "Maybe because it's hot in here" ???
I ordered the "special" Steak Burger with rice and green beans and it was HORRIBLE (Hospital food is gourmet compared to this food). The food was cold and old tasting. I gave my uneaten plate to the waitress and decided to take a bite of my husbands Steak and Cheese sandwich and got sick from all the grease and excess salt in it. The manager had to give me and my husband tums because we were ill. When it was time to pay the manager did not want to credit our food and instead offered a 25% discount for food that made us sick. Very bad customer service and attitude.
The waitress was great "Heather" and I felt bad for her because she didn't get tipped because of the rudeness and lack of professionalism of her manager. She can take it up with the cook who looked like he hadn't bathe in 3 days. Totally sickening experience. This is the kind of person they have preparing peoples food. OMG.
Eat at your own risk. The waitress had mentioned that we were her 3rd complaint of the day concerning the excess salt in the food. Hmmmmmmm That should give the owner a clue that something is not right. Train your cook or hire one who knows what he is doing.
I guess as a bar it could work for someone who has already had lunch or dinner and doesn't mind filthyness. Best of luck!
That restaurant is definitely Health Department material. I’m surprised they are still open.