Knology Complaint - Long-Time Inept Service
Unfortunately, Knology has a monopoly in our County so years and years of bad inept service has to be tolerated...company bought out our existing services; however, the very same people continue to be employed...
1. Called to report phone service problem-service lady screamed at me that it had already been called in on Monday, however, the phone didn;t do out until Tuesday. She had wrong account.
2. Same service lady called for an employee who was gone for the day and screamed at me about his new lines even though I kept explaing that I was simply taking a message.
3. Called service for a new cable hookup and was promised that service tech would be there at a specific time and date-took vacation day and he didn't show-two days later he arrived and cancelled our request because no one was there.
4. Had a computer crash and called tech support to ghet me sets back for internet-I called three nights in a row trying to get them to read me the sets and they just blew me off...a month later I found their old sheet and did it myself.
5. Purchased a home theatre and was advised that I would have to contact the cable company for a special box for high definition. Visited our local office and the woman who worked there told us that we had everything we needed and no changes needed to be done. So when they showed up to install the very expensive home theatre they needed the cable box first. So drove back to the local office and she continued to emphatically state that we were all set with our present epuipment. So we spent a month and a half without TV after we finally goit our correct cable box for the theatre company to come back to properly install our new TV setup.
6. Our TV service went out and called for service-the woman on the line kept telling me that it was our TV and not their box-I finally talked her into refreshing our line and after continually explaining that when we jiggled THEIR box it might work for awhile she called for service. When he showed up he kept telling us that it was our TV cable and we had to have them back out to replace their cable. Well, lo and behold after taking THEIR box back to the office and working on IT-it worked well.
Sick and tired of their idiocy-they haven't a clue as to what they are doing and now are expanding into other counties where there is competition. If you have a choice PLEASE do not choose them -- you will be sorry and regret it...wigh we had another choice...