Travelers Insurance Company Complaint - House fire in Sandy Springs
GEORGIA, GEORGIA -- My Ford Expedition self ignited on Feb. 23, 2009. This was due to a faulty cruise control switch. My garage was totaled, we have extensive damage to our kitchen, home office, carpets and furnace.
Travelers sent Parker Young out to access the damage and to board up. They did an initial cleaning and said that the kitchen cabinets needed to come out and that the furnace needed to be replaced. Upon meeting with our adjuster they changed their opinions entirely. Parker Young took pictures of the condition of our home which includes cabinets which sat wet for two weeks until the inspectors could evaluate the cause of the fire.
David Keen took pictures of our furnace filter which was filthy with soot and an oily substance. I called for copies of the pictures and they mysteriously cannot locate them. Do not use anyone on their preferred list! Our adjuster
sent us a check for 1/3 of the damages. Travelers was going to PAINT and repair a kitchen ceiling with soot, multiple holes and water damage. I have refused this amount and have hired a public adjuster to handle our claim. Our cabinets are falling apart, stovetop is rusted from the fire hoses and the carpets and furnace are seriously damaged. Although we have documentation from experts in each area, Travelers is refusing to honor them. It is now July 17 and we are still living in a home and unable to cook. The burned and toxic insulation remains in our attic and we have air cleaners running all over the house.
The adjuster's boss and his "experts" are coming out next week to "review" the damage. The adjuster's boss has NEVER even been to this property. I am sick to my stomach that any insurance company would do this. We pay $4500.00 per year for replacement coverage.