Geico Corporation Complaint - Steering Practices
It is illegal for an insurance company to steer you to a shop.
1.The non-standard body shop in NH has a desk with a GEICO adjuster sitting there! (None of the high-end car dealers recommend this shop.) I am going to take a picture of it and send it to the State insurance commissioner
2. GEICO bases their inadequate (30% below independents) labor rate on the sweetheart deal that they have negotiated with their captive shops.
3. GEICO uses a proprietary estimating system. No body shop except for their captives use this system.
4. The adjuster refused to look at my independent's estimate or discuss it with him even though he was in their shop!
5. They sent me a check without me approving it. It is $1000 less than what two independent estimates came up with.
6. My $100 deductible has turned into an $1100 deductible.
7. They obviously have a take it or leave it attitude.
8. When I had another claim they took 3 months to send me a check.
9. I had another car repaired at their recommended shop. I had to bring the car back 5 times because they did not fix it properly. They used broken parts salvaged from the car rather than the new parts they "paid for" and was specified in the estimate.
I am sure that they will cancel me even though I pay my premiums. They are skating on the edge of violations.