DirecTV Inc Complaint - Incompetent, lying, inept, belligerent call staff.
TO: President of Direct TV: 7/20/09
To start with, my brother is Senior Vice President of DirectTV. Look him up. The reason I have never had DirectTV over the years is precisely because of your completely inept and incompetant customer service staff. That being said, today I tried to order Direct TV and give you one more chance.
(Please understand I knew EXACTLY which service I wanted to order. None of the following representatives needed to discuss anything with me, just simply take my simple basic order.)
Here is exactly what I experienced.
1) I tried to order on-line -- running the credit check twice and being approved, but when I called your staff with a question, they told me it was better to order BY PHONE than through the internet. WAS THIS A LIE? They said I would get better pricing, and it would just be better overall. Two of them said this by the way. I’ll bet that was a lie, but moving onward...
I had, they said, until MIDNIGHT MY TIME to place this order.
YOUR STAFF WAS WRONG: your call center closed at 10PM.
They said there was a special offer that expired at midnight, even though the internet said it expired at the end of the month. Was that a lie to get me to sign up? Are they getting bonusses or comissions? You tell me. Moving on...
2) So, I tried to place my order over the phone and told them I wanted to use a gift card to avoid a trip to the bank. YOUR STAFF WAS WRONG. He said it would be okay so we went through the whole order again. He also told me some information about how to use a pre-paid card even though he said he wasn’t supposed to tell me that. YOUR STAFF IS DISLOYAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL.
The credit check was run a third time and approved, but YOUR STAFF WAS WRONG: he said he was WRONG and I needed to use my bank card -- sorry for wasting my time. But I had to do this before midnight or lose the special offers. I asked if they would need to run the credit check and do it all over. He said No on the credit check and no on doing it over. YOUR STAFF WAS WRONG.
I drove to the bank and made a quick deposit. Called back.
YOUR STAFF WAS WRONG: They needed to run my credit check a fourth time on my next call.
YOUR STAFF WAS WRONG: They needed to run the whole process again.
3) YOUR STAFF IS UNTRAINED AND CANNOT PERFORM BASIC FUNCTIONS WITHOUT A SUPERVISOR’S ADVICE: When I called again, I got someone in training, who had to put me on hold about seventeen times and finally her supervisor was standing behind her yelling out orders. She ran the credit check again and it was again approved.
After an hour ON THE PHONE.... YOUR STAFF SCREWED UP: She attempted to set up the installation date, but failed to confirm it.
4) I called back again, and asked why the internet rebate center was telling me my install date was unconfirmed. I also told this agent I forgot (given the chaos) to give DirectTV the referral account number for your $100 offer.
She told me that the previous agent had NOT confirmed the installation date and it was lucky I called back.
I asked again for the referral rebate to be added to my account which given the chaos I had not yet done.
YOUR STAFF IS UNTRAINED AND CANNOT PERFORM BASIC FUNCTIONS WITHOUT A SUPERVISOR’S ADVICE: She placed me on hold five or six times, for about 10 minutes.
YOUR STAFF WAS RUDE: Finally, she snottily said that no, it was too late to get the referral.
I asked her if I canceled my order and placed it again if I could get the rebate.
YOUR STAFF IS BELIGERANT: She told me that I’d have to go through the whole thing again including ANOTHER credit check. (which -- in case you are counting would be FIVE CREDIT CHECKS). My response was that YES I would be willing to go through the whole process again for $200. She snarled at me.
I asked if I could speak with a supervisor.
YOUR STAFF LIED AND MISLED ME: She told me she would place me on hold. “Hold” it turned out was placing the phone receiver down so I could clearly hear her coworkers around her.
Finally, I hung up after five minutes of listening to co-workers and my shouting into the phone to see if a human was there. It was 10:00PM. I was told earlier you close at midnight. YOUR STAFF LIES.
Of course, when I called again, I discovered that your call center closes at 10PM and not midnight as I was told by your first representative.
What kind of people do you hire at DirecTV? It’s like calling a prison or worse. They all lie, do not know what they are doing, have the wrong information, mislead the customer, do not know how to speak English or form a complete sentence, do not know how to do ANYTHING without talking to a supervisor, and instill absolutely NO TRUST in the customer.
AM I SUPPOSED TO CALL BACK TOMORROW AND DEAL WITH THIS ASSININE INCOMPETANCE AGAIN? IS YOUR GOAL TO TRICK THE CONSUMER INTO MAKING THE MOST EXPENSIVE PURCHASE BY PUTTING SO MANY ROADBLOCKS IN THEIR WAY? WHAT KIND OF SCAM BUSINESS ARE YOU RUNNING THERE?
THIS is the reason I have not subscribed to DirecTV even though my brother is SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT -- (the guy who basically INVENTED DirecTV).
1) an appology
2) an immediate reversal of credit card charges
3) removal of credit check information with all three credit bureaus.
4) to speak to a qualified representative who can quickly guide me through the selection process.
5) The firing of your management staff at the call center.
6) The compelte retraining of your call center staff.
7) Penalties for lying to customers
8) Locating all the employees who dealt with me today -- with the exception of an intelligent OLDER woman who I spoke with briefly (you figure it out) and firing them or sending them all back to training.
9) Payment for my valuable time and frustration, at $250 an hour, for the three to four hours this will have taken by the time it is done.
I AM CANCELLING MY ORDER AND WILL TRY ONE LAST TIME TO DO IT ONLINE AFTER SPEAKING WITH YOUR STAFF TOMORROW WHEN YOU REOPEN ABOUT CREDITING BACK MY $25.
YES I AM FURIOUS.
This is a consistent problem with your company. I experienced it 2 years ago when I tried to sign up. I experienced it 4 years ago. Both times I gave up for this exact same type of experience.
This time, I will not stand for your incompetence, I want your damn service whether your incompetant employees want me to have it or not.
I hope my brother AND YOUR CEO acts upon this letter with full recourse.