Rooms to Go Kids Complaint - Buggy Beds
GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA -- Creekside Taffy Twin/Twin Student Loft Bed w/Desk & Chest
For Christmas of '07 I purchased a set of bunk beds for my Gradsons from Rooms to Go Kids. The beds were delivered sometime in January and the kids just loved them.
Everything went well until about October when the youngest started to get red bumps on his arms. We thought he was allergic to the soap he was using so his mon changed brands. Still more bumps. Next thing to change was the detergent she was using for the laundry. Still more bumps. Along about December the oldest one developed the same red bumps on his arms as well. This started us thinking, maybe there was something biting the kids while they slept. At first we thought of fleas, as the dogs and cat slept with the kids, but after checking the animals thoroughly and finding no fleas, we turned to the internet to try to figure out what the deal was.
The bumps looked a lot like bites from bed bugs so we started to investigate the furniture. To our horror we found the nasty critters living in the crevices of the bed. My daughter called an exterminator and had the furniture sprayed with a commercial insecticide. Unfortunately this did not get rid of all the bugs. Next she tried steam, as this is also a way to kill them. This too did not work. As a last resort she took the furniture outside and sprayed it with a power washer. Her husband took the back off the desk to make sure he could get at all the surfaces and that's where he found hundreds of the bed bugs along with their feces.
This was so disgusting my daughter said she was not putting the furniture back in her house, and who could blame her. The beds ended up in the land fill and the kids are now sleeping on bunk beds made from metal.
I did not contact Rooms to Go as I did not have the receipt and didn't think they would own up to something that took ten months to show up. We did some research and found that these bugs can live as long as eighteen months without feeding. We know the bugs came from the furniture because they are nowhere else in the house. And believe me they have checked!
I will never buy anything else from Rooms To Go!!!
More Reviews on Rooms to Go Kids: