Capital One Complaint - Avoid Capital One Like the Plague!
MCLEAN, VIRGINIA -- Mistakenly I decided to apply for a Capital One credit card. I called Capital One two weeks ago and spoke to a representative who kept me on the telephone for an hour gathering personal information and reading terms and conditions to me for twenty-five minutes. Today I got the card, and this is what happened.
• I asked for a Visa card. I got a Mastercard.
• I asked for a cash-back card. I got a Platinum card without cash-back rewards.
• I asked for a no transfer fee of a Bank of America balance. I was charged $211 and change to transfer the balance.
• Your representative told me that the Bank of America balance would be transferred within 48 hours. It took two weeks. I had to stop a check to Bank of America and have it paid to Capital One.
I called the company to have YOUR errors rectified. I spoke to eight people all of whom gave me the same script about understanding my frustration and thanking me for being patient while they put me on hold. This occurred over a period of two hours. This is what happened.
• ****** tried to sell me my credit report information. I declined.
• ***** could not help me with my complaint about the transfer fee and knew nothing about the Capital One online advertisement. She insisted upon getting my cell phone number as a secondary phone number.
• ***** CBP009 told me I would have to wait 45 days to start the process over again for a Visa card.
• ***** a supervisor, disconnected me after an hour on the phone.
• ***** an account manager, told me I would have to wait 90 days to start the process over again for a Visa card.
• **** a supervisor, said he could not rescind the transfer fee.
• **** a supervisor, said he could not hear what I was saying and had no way of calling me back because the telephone allowed only incoming calls.
• **** an account manager, deleted the transfer fee and gave me the Capital One mailing address for my payment.
The bottom line is I do NOT want the card. Cancel my account. You tout your company as being the best. I am VERY unimpressed with the lack of customer service you have shown from the outset of this transaction and foresee additional problems.
[admin note: no names please]
More Reviews on Capital One: