Blue Cross / Blue Shield Complaint - Immunizations - exclusion
KANSAS CITY, KANSAS -- 1. Call and ask if immunizations are covered on your plan. (You're told they are.)
2. Get your shots, do your paperwork.
3. Receive notification that your claim will not be paid.
4. Call and ask why. (You're belittled for choosing an out-of-network provider--the Department of Health!--but told that you should have been covered in part.)
5. Receive a callback after the issue has been investigated: these immunizations were for TRAVEL, and that's an "exclusion" from coverage for immunizations.
6. Thank your customer service associate for letting you know. Tremble for the future.
7. (Hey, at least you didn't go to the trouble of finding an in-network doctor for all this, right?)