Time Warner Complaint - Freezing Cable Service At 9:35pm on FoxHD
Recently, I purchased a flatscreen high-definition TV which requires a special high-definition cable set top box. I now have 2 boxes: 1) Standard Definition in the bedroom; and 2)High Definition in the living room.
I watch FoxHD (Channel 705, high-def) some nights between 9pm and 10pm. On 3 separate occasions, my high definition service "froze" as follows:
1) At almost exactly 9:35pm, returning from a commercial showing an image of news anchors (an image of 2 people on the screen), this image "freezes", while the sound continues into the program that is resuming.
2) The first time this occurred, I was startled and didn't know what to do (e. g. turn off the TV, change channels, wait, etc.)So I waited a bit, listening to the sound of my program and staring at this frozen image. I then changed the channel by +1 (706) which played normally. I then changed it back by -1 and the image was still frozen but with normal sound. I then changed it -1 (704) then back and still it was frozen with normal sound.
3) Since I wanted to see the conclusion of my show, I went to the bedroom and tuned to Channel 5 (WNYW, 5). My SD box showed the program normally, with both correct images and sound. I returned to the living room to discover the problem persisted. It lasted until the end of the program at 10pm.
4) This exact scenarion occurred 2 more times. For the second and third times, I added a step of tuning in the WNYW, Channel 5 -- the non-high-definition station -- and I was able to see the conclusion of the show.
5) After this third occurrence, I called TWC and the next day got a response from a technician. I was asked to tune to Channel 996, a diagnostic station, and verify certain settings: RDC power(52), FDC power(-6). Two other indicators, SNR and BER I was unable to locate in the 6 screens of diagnostic data.
I was instructed to call TWC back the next time this problem occurs.
This is a frustrating and disruptive issue. Not only does it interrupt my viewing of a favorite show, but it would also affect any recording I might be making of that show. Please help me with this issue.