Sears Complaint - Sears Repair And Parts Direct - Truly Useless
I am still on hold now for 45 minutes with Sears repair-I should say that this is my 56TH PHONE CALL to get my 3 year old washer fixed! We have had 4 repairmen and STILL need a 5th.
WE HAVE BEEN CHARGED ALMOST $700.00 WHICH WE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED.
Each time we were told to order a part, and pay, only to find out that it was the wrong part. WHEN WE TOLD THEM THAT THE REPAIRMAN BROKE A PART THEY STILL CHARGED US FOR IT!! This is one of the reasons we keep needing another repairman-THEY HAVE NOT IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ONE BLAMES THE OTHER IN THE PROCESS.....
Yesterday another guy came out-this time the excuse was that he needed two guys for the job and had no idea before getting to our home. WE HAVE HAD REPAIRMEN THAT HAVE BROKEN PARTS WHICH WE HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN CHARGED FOR!!! I can go on and on however here is what I've learned:
1) ASK FOR A SENIOR TECH RIGHT AWAY FOR YOUR FIRST TECH VISIT
2) GET THE DIRECT NUMBER FOR THE REPAIR PERSON DISPATCH OFFICE LOCATED FOR NY IN HAUPPAUGE NY SO YOU CAN CHECK AND BE ASSURED THAT THEY ARE SENDING THE TOOLS AND MANPOWER NECESSARY...
3) DO NOT PAY FOR SERVICE WHEN THERE WAS NO SERVICE - 'REFUSE THE ESTMATE' OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY AGAIN.
4)HAVE THE TECH PERSON ORDER THE PART YOU NEED - DO NOT DEAL WITH 'PARTS DIRECT' ON YOUR OWN AS THEY ARE USELESS
5) ESCALATE ANY ISSUES IMMEDIATELY WITH THE ESCALATIONS DEPT. DO NOT LET THEM STEER YOU AWAY FROM THIS DEPT.- THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP
6) SPEAK TO A MGR. RIGHT AWAY IN THE ESCALATIONS DEPT OR ELSE YOU ARE WAISTING YOUR TIME
7) KEEP A LIST OF EVERY CALL OR SERVICE VISIT SO YOU CAN FOLLOW THROUGH WHEN YOU GET NOWHERE WITH THEM..YOU WILL NEED THIS WHEN YOU FOLLOW THROUGH
8) THEY WILL OFFER YOU ALL KINDS OF CREDITS TOWARDS PARTS AND LABOR BUT IN ACTUALITY THESE ARE NOT CREDITS...THEY ARE USED TO PAY FOR THE LOUSY SERVICE AND WRONG PARTS YOU ARE SENT
9) DO CERTAINLY HAVE ONE DEPT GET ON THE LINE WITH YOU SO THAT EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME PAGE!!
I can tell you we will NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER SEARS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN AND IN FACT ARE CONSIDERING SUING THEM FOR THE 5 DAYS WE MISSED FROM WORK AND AGGRAVATION, AND FOR BEING CHARGED FOR PARTS THAT WERE BROKE BY THE REPAIRMEN WHILE DOING A REPAIR.....