All Used Parts Complaint - All Used Parts is Fraud company

Review by Sam19 on 2009-08-19
BELLVIEW, FLORIDA -- I have ordered Front Door for my Toyota Camry from All Used Parts in Bellview FL. They are located at 10306 SE Hwy 441 Bellview, FL. They only accept Cashier's checks. Their website is http://www.usedcarandtruckparts.net/. The mistake I made is that I sent them cashier's check. They pocketed the money and are not sending the part. Lies after lies and no honest answers. It has been more than 1 month and they have not shipped the part. They are just giving bunch of excuses. I have complained to better business bureau in FL and will see what happens. Very dishonest bunch of people. Never trust anybody who only accept Cashier's checks.
Comments:13 Replies - Latest reply on 2009-08-20
Posted by MSCANTBEWRONG on 2009-08-19:
Thanks for the heads up. You may want to file a small claims case.
Posted by bcd on 2009-08-19:
They accept all major credit cards.
Posted by Sam19 on 2009-08-19:
Well, How can I file a small claims case sitting in NY and the company is in FL.
bcd - please check their website http://www.usedcarandtruckparts.net/ and you will see (Just above moving pictures at bottom) that for out of state, they only accept Cashier's check of money order.
Posted by madconsumer on 2009-08-19:
you can file a small calims anywhere no matter what state. you just need a lawyer in that state to act on your behalf.
Posted by MSCANTBEWRONG on 2009-08-19:
Good answer mad...you can file a claim in the state you live in. Just find a good attorney and set the wheels in motion.
Posted by Anonymous on 2009-08-19:
Actually Mad...not so much. Most (if not all ) Small Claims Courts do not allow lawyers. It's sort of one on one. So yes, the OP certainly could file, but he'd have to file himself, and be there for the hearing. If he files in his own locale, there is nothing to force the company to appear, or any way to enforce the judgement. It's a dilemma.
Posted by Sam19 on 2009-08-19:
Thank you guys for your input. Do you think I should wait for one more month before I take legal action? I already made a complaint to better business bureau through their online website and they said that they will respond in 30 days. How long can I wait maximum? After which I cannot file?
Posted by MSCANTBEWRONG on 2009-08-19:
I'd go ahead and file...
Posted by Sam19 on 2009-08-19:
From searching I found that FL does allow attorney for small claims case. May be I will search for attorney if it does not get resolved.
Posted by MSCANTBEWRONG on 2009-08-19:
Good luck and keep us informed.
Posted by Starlord on 2009-08-20:
As I understand it, you can file in their state or your state. It would seem silly to me to file in their state. File in your own state and make them come to you or get a default judgement.
Posted by bcd on 2009-08-20:
Sam19, Their site reads "Most out of state purchases are done by certified check or moneyorder." It does not indicate that credit cards are not accepted for out of state purchases.
Posted by madconsumer on 2009-08-20:
thank you ken for the clarification. i guess i meant to say, 'as long as oou have a representative in that state'.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.