LINGO Informative - BYE BYE Lingo and HELLO Vonage!!
I've been a customer with Lingo all this while, even with the choppy voice quality and nightmarish customer service only because of the cheap calling plans. To my surprise I came to know about Vonage’s new plan called “Vonage World” today. I was literally jumping with joy when I looked up the plan on their website.
I spent some time in measuring my pros and cons.Here are some facts I have listed down:
1. Vonage is offering free calling to 60 countries vs.Lingo’s list of 30 (Hello World Unlimited Plan), at almost the same price
2. Calling to mobile phones are also included for most of the 60 counties vs.Lingo’s none
3. The best price Lingo can offer for calls to India is 4 cents a minute vs.Vonage’s zero to both cell phones and landlines. OH, AND YES MEXICO IS FREE TOO.
4. Vonage has a better customer service and phone quality (any given day!)
5. Lingo changes their terms of service whenever they want. On the other hand I’ve not heard anything like that about Vonage (maybe because they don’t trick people that much!!!)
6. Lingo’s tax charges are way too high (don’t know about Vonage)
7. Vonage’s cancellation fee is just $39.99 vs. Lingo’s $100 AND
8. Vonage’s contract term is for just a year vs. Lingo’s 2 years
I think it is a great deal from Vonage and it will definitely save me at least $10-15 a month on India calling alone; that is almost $150 a year (I would love to save that much esp. in these difficult times). I know Lingo had tricked me in the past by changing my terms of service with a $100 cancellation fee. However, I am ready to pay that and quit Lingo because I would still save almost $50 right in the first year and then $150 in the subsequent years. This is the end of the road for Lingo, I guess. Therefore, BYE BYE Lingo and HELLO Vonage!!
[snip - no solicitations please]