Walt Disney World Complaint - Mickey Mouse Operation
I am very sad and disappointed with my overall experience at Disney in the last five years. Being a Florida resident I frequent Disney at least four times per year. I am a seasonal pass holder and will not make the investment any longer.
I grew frusterated over the years with the excessive increasing prices stepping outside what Walt Disney wanted for the average person to be able to come and enjoy Disney. Although this was a negative I knew I could always rely on Disney to provide a very clean and plush experience I was never disappointed with.
Over the last five years I have watched the quality and attention to detail diminish. Rides having broken parts or not even working for months or years at a time. The shows obviously have had budget cuts and the cleanliness is no longer second to none. The following have been a few observations that is not indicative of the experience I grew used to since I was a child.
1) The renovation of the Living Seas is so poor I would be embarrasssed to call this a new Disney ride.
2) There used to be men continually walking around cleaning anything anyone dropped instantly. Although there is not litter blowing in the streets, there is clearly visual garbage and unclean conditions.
3) The Yeti on the Matterhorn was broken for months. A new ride in the Animal Kingdon is not even given the respect to repair the biggest part of the ride. So bad do they not care that they still left the light on it showing every kid with an immagination that it is fake!
4) I ate in the German Pavillion tonight. There was two of us and a 3 year old and the bill was $127.00 and the food was so bad it was unedible. The sausage was garbage the fried veal was dry and the sauce was gross. The salads were wilted and the employees reflected the food and the poor show.
5) I bought tickets into Epcot at 5PM with the ticket lady telling me that it was open until 9PM. They closed all the rides at 8 PM and the event cost me over $200.00.
6) The 9PM show in Epcot used to have holographic figures and was different all the time never disapponting me. Now they do not even bother to bring the burnt nasty barges off the lake after the show. You can see them anytime you are there....No mystery anymore in Disney.
7) There is an empty ride in Epcot that has not been renovated in years!
8) The Universe of Energy is as old as the Dinosaurs.
9) The Mexican pavillion used to have good food now I would not feed it to my dog.
10) On three occasions now I have been told there was not a table available for the fireworks in the UK PUB. I left disappointed once. The second time a waiter came out after I was turned down and seated me in his section on the water....the best seat in the house. The third time when I was denied I looked for myself and there was two tables available and I left in disgust. The employees clearly did not want to seat me so they could leave as soon as the fireworks were over.
I am not complaining even about the pricing but the experience is aweful for the amount you pay for what you get is obsurd. I am finding a different vacation spot for my family.