IKEA Complaint - How very cruel of IKEA to treat the disabled & abuse survivors to more abuse and financial hardship .. at Christmas even!
CANADA -- I respectfully request that you consider personally boycotting the IKEA retail home furnishings company. I would also appreciate your doing whatever is in your power to spread awareness of IKEA's deplorable business practices. On a single transaction IKEA has:
1. lost my order despite an e-mail confirming receipt & processing of said order
2. lied to me by promising me delivery on Dec24/03 (Christmas Eve)
3. made me abandon family plans to wait alone on Christmas Eve for a delivery that was NEVER SHIPPED
4. insulted me (the customer) by accusing me of lying about their promised delivery date, demanding proof (e.g. name of rep, dates/times/phone #s called etc.)
5. reprimanded and blamed me for their losing my order and failure to deliver the order (QUOTE from Ian Selvarajah, IKEA: stated that if I were "more responsible you would have called us sooner" to check on the order)
6. denied culpability by stating I should be more understanding of their Christmas workload (QUOTE from Ian Selvarajah, IKEA: "Do you know how many orders we get at Christmas?")
7. had their affiliate in the UK reply to me, instead of/before the two specific management staff I contacted at IKEA Canada (Gerry Wong and Jean-Francois Marechal)
8. called incorrect phone numbers to reach me
9. failed to refund the order that was never even shipped for 2 months
10. still has not refunded gift cards even after 6 months of requests
11. forgotten to reply to my order, phone calls, online submissions, e-mail queries and even threats to publicize their misconduct through the media for long periods of time.
I am disabled and without that gift delivery I was left empty-handed unable to shop for any last-minute gift replacement. Do you realize how stupid, horrible and cruel I felt Christmas Day? There I was with my foster daughter -- abuse survivor about to confront one of her abusers in court two weeks later -- and I HAD NOTHING TO GIVE HER ON CHRISTMAS. Then if I didn't feel awful enough, IKEA rep Ian Selvarajah shirks onus for IKEA's verbal contract BLAMING ME FOR ALL IKEA'S MISHANDLING.
COMMUNICATION is the key here. Since November 2003 IKEA staff have lost the order, lied about delivery dates, insulted the customer, accused her of lying, blamed her for their mistakes, called the wrong numbers, and forgotten to reply to queries for long periods of time. AND THAT IS JUST ONE TRANSACTION. Even with M. Marechal's help, nothing thus far has demonstrated IKEA learned a darned thing about communication.
Thank you for your time and consideration. For further details, permission to publish and such please do not hesitate to contact me.