General Electric Company Complaint - Oven Fire - Spectra
While preheating the oven, I noticed a flickering light through the glass. I opened the oven to a white, sparkler type light and small fire. I turned off the oven and attempted to put the fire out with a flour-like substance (as could be done for a grease fire), but it didn't work. I used the fire extinguisher and called 911. The heating element had burned and broken inside of the oven. There was nothing in the oven to start the fire. The same thing happened to my next door neighbor with the same oven within the past 12 months. Our neighborhood is less than 10 years old, and I want all of my neighbors to know that this could happen. Like my neighbors, we will replace the oven instead of getting a repair...and it won't be a GE Spectra! Thank God I was home and in the kitchen; this story could have ended very differently. Thank you to the firemen and rescue heroes of the world.