Motel 6 Complaint - COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND DISGUSTING
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA -- This was the worse hotel I have ever seen or stayed at in my life. Not only was the quality of the room was disgusting, the management, the front desk staff, and the housekeepers did not care at all. Being an employee of a hotel chain, I know how a room should look and what the staff should do about it. Here is a formal list of complaints to help you know the truth about Motel 6:
1) When we first went to check-in at 5:30, the room was not done but she said we can wait outside and a housekeeper would come around. The housekeeper asked us if she could skip vacuuming and all she did was spray a freshener and change the sheets. There was no soap available in the room, the top sheet had old blood stains on them, and the floor was covered in dirt and fuzz from previous stays.
2) After the housekeeper left I was in shock. Although I did take a lot of pictures of the condition of the room I do not see a place to share them on here. So let's start the list: mold on the ceiling, there was feces stains left in the toilet, the bathtub was covered in mold, the sheets did not fit on the bed, the TV did not work, the telephone had buttons but that's all (no face-plate), the AC knob fell off and was covered in dirty hand stains, the front door looked like it had be kicked in a few times and the lock broken, all the caulking in the bathtub was green, the bottom borders on the walls were coming off and were COMPLETELY black and filthy. If all that is not enough, there were roaches and BLOOD ON THE SHEETS (must repeat that).
3) After calling corporate and having almost every rude housekeeper come into our room and having nothing done about it, I couldn't stand it anymore. I was 5 hours away from my home, every other hotel was sold-out, and we were stuck. We got switched to another room which looked like a palace compared to the last except for the roaches in my sheets and hair all over the bathroom floor. Seeing that it took 3 hours for us to get another room and for them to finally realize that their establishment was a disgrace to hotels anywhere in Tallahassee, I could no longer deal with the imbeciles that ran the front desk so we went to a Walgreens down the street and bought a bottle of lysol and then found new sheets.
4) The housekeepers walked around property in Mickey Mouse pajamas and regular clothes. When they checked the condition of our room, they said things like, "Oh honey I can't clean up there" or "I got some mildew spray but it ain't gonna help that none." They also walked into our room without knocking or anything to make sure I wasn't lying about the room condition and after they saw it, they DID NOTHING but walk out and roll their eyes. (Mind you during this whole time I was polite because I know the difficulties of working at a hotel)
5) The front desk staff took 30 minutes to check us in and were very rude to everyone in front of us. I would like to mention that I was told 1 of the 2 front desk people were new BUT the entire time she was helping someone she had her head resting in her palm like she was bored helping a guest. The second front desk representative was the manager who was not offering ANY help to the new girl and who was the one "helping" me. She had to be one of the worst hotel managers I have ever seen in her organization skills, her politeness, and her customer service etiquette.
This hotel needs to be put under new management, the rooms gutted and remodeled, bombed for bugs, and every employee needs to learn how to speak to guests and do their jobs. Let me repeat, this was one of the worst hotels I have ever had the displeasure of staying at and I am going to re-post this on every possible consumer website to warn people to save themselves the trouble and avoid this property and hopefully this entire chain.
rooms at the lowest price of any national chain."
Seems to me that they need work on their advertising campaigns.