Whirlpool Washer and Dryer Not So Great
Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer - Complaint
1. We purchased the pair several years ago and have mixed opinion. First, we have had the repairman here several times. Shortly after we purchased the unit our clothes weren't drying. The repairman came out and said that we weren't making sure our exhaust pipe was clear. After at least three service calls and my insistance that something else had to be wrong, he finally checked the sensor and sure enough it was bad.
2. It still has bouts of not wanting to dry the clothes fully even with the damp sensor.
3. The washer is another issue. I agree with the previous post that the bleach holder is difficult to get to.
4. Another issue I have is that the bleach dispenser and fabric softner dispenser holds water. After the cycle is complete the dispenser has to be emptied of the water that remained in it, before it can be refilled for the next load.
5. The gray seal in the door traps small articles and if a load of clothes is left in the washer for more that a few hours the load has to be run again to remove the odors. I have tried the Tide washer cleaner and it has had no effect.
6. At times the washer will stop and an error message will appear that says we need to unplug the unit and start the load over.
In general initially I was happy with the capicity of the units but now I'm not so sure the trade off was worth it. And now our warranty is about to expire and I'm not sure what we will do then.