General Electric Company Complaint - GE Spectra Electric Range Hazard
Well as all the other reviews have stated we had the same problem. My spouse was heating food in the oven when I walked by I noticed an unusual aroma which was the heating element sparking and flaming like a blow torch.
She had tried to attempt to use a wet sponge to put it out when my 23 year old son and I had stopped her seeing it is 220 volts!!!
I was preparing to use the fire extinguisher but tried the wet sponge with an oven mitt instead, this escalated the problem really bad.
At that point I ran to the electric service panel and turned off the breaker which immediately extinguished the fire. Another fine GE product!!!I am afraid to replace the element & will probably spend the money on something more safe & reliable...not worth the fifty bucks to fix!!!